How To Resolve A Carpenter Ant Infestation In Ogden
May 10, 2022 - Carpenter Ants
Carpenter ants are among the most common ants around, in Ogden and elsewhere. But in this western city, these pests are seemingly everywhere.
Carpenter ants are one of the largest ant species, with red or black bodies that measure an inch long. These pests feed on protein and sugar, and if they enter your home, they’ll feed on whatever’s available to them, from pet food and jelly to sweet syrups and honey. Get rid of these pests before they become a serious problem with the help of pest control in Ogden.
Read on to find out where carpenter ants are nesting and when to schedule an inspection. Included is information on how to let the professionals deal with infestations and what preventative measures you should implement.
Find Out Where Carpenter Ants Are Nesting
Carpenter ants prefer to live in wood; hence, their name. These pests do not feed on wood, as termites do, but they will burrow into wood to build their nests.
Some of the places that carpenter ants prefer to nest are:
- Tree stumps and hollow trees
- Underneath stones
- In wood used to build homes, garages, and other structures
- Wooden logs and posts
- Old firewood
- Rotting fence posts
Schedule An Inspection
A few telltale signs will signify when to schedule an inspection with a pest professional. Here are three of the most obvious signs:
- Piles of wood shavings underneath wood, such as furniture, baseboards, and windowsills
- Winged ants coming from the walls or ceiling
- Rustling noises coming from inside the walls
Let The Professionals Deal With The Infestation
If you see large ants scurrying about your home, then it’s a sign that far more are likely hidden within your walls. If you notice carpenter ants in your yard, their presence could compromise the wooden structures.
If you’re unsure about whether you’re facing an infestation of carpenter ants, our professionals at Peak Pest Control will figure that out for you.
Peak Pest Control is a local, professional pest care and lawn service that’s been serving home and property owners in Ogden for nearly ten years. We specialize in pest control that puts the safety of our clients first, so our top priority is your protection. And with all our services comes a pest-free guarantee.
If you suspect you have carpenter ants or other pests, call the professionals at Peak Pest Control today at 801-877-8541.
Put Preventative Measures In Place
With the help of professional pest control services, you can keep carpenter ants out of your home—for good. But there are a few preventative actions that you can put in place to deter these pests from returning. Here are three of them:
- Eliminate Standing Water: Carpenter ants need a constant water source to survive. Remove all standing water from your home, including clogged gutters and drains, pools of water in your yard, and buckets, wagons, or pots filled with water due to rainfall.
- Trim Back Branches And Plants: If tree branches, bushes, and plants become overgrown, carpenter ants can use them to gain entry to your home. If there are cracks in your foundation (see the following tips), it’s an easy entryway into your home.
- Repair Damage To Foundations And Exterior-facing Walls: Repair damage to exterior-facing walls, doors, and windowsills, to avoid having these pests enter your home.
Don’t give carpenter ants the time to thrive within the walls and underneath the floor of your Ogden home. Give yourself peace of mind, and be able to enjoy your outdoor spaces again by calling Peak Pest Control today.